A precondition to obtain Bulgarian residency is holding a valid D visa.
In order to initiate the process for Bulgarian residency, possession of a D visa is a prerequisite. There exist multiple categories of D visas, offering potential suitability for a diverse range of prospective applicants.
What a D visa is?
- The D visa is a long-term visa, granting validity for a maximum of 6 months.
- The processing of a D visa application is completed within a span of 30 business days.
- The D visa can be changed for a Bulgarian residency card within 2 weeks before its expiration.
- If your D visa retains validity and is within a timeframe of less than 2 weeks remaining, please contact us immediately. We are here to promptly assist you in the conversion process to residency.
Where to apply for a D visa?
You have the option to submit your D visa application through the Bulgarian embassy or general consulate in your home country or your country of residency. In cases where neither of these options is available, you may apply at the embassy or consulate authorized for your country.
Should you encounter challenges in scheduling an appointment, our team can provide support in arranging appointments either in your home country or in another country of your choosing, irrespective of the standard guidelines mentioned earlier.
What documents should I provide for a D visa application?
- A completed visa application form (filled in by our team)
- A current valid passport – your passport should not expire in the next 6 months
- A Bank statement or bank balance for the last 3 months demonstrating a minimum availability of at least 6 minimum monthly Bulgarian salaries – the minimum monthly salary in Bulgaria as of 1st September 2023 is 780 BGN
- Criminal background check issued within the last 6 months (should be apostilled in the country of issuance)
- A proof of accommodation
- Health insurance
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Paid visa fee
You’ll also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in Bulgarian. Please note that this is not a complete list of documents. Contact us for a fully comprehensive list according to your D visa category.